Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Opera Again

Well... I went to the opera with Hannah (another harpist) last night, and it was really good other than that...well... ....Manon, the lead, dies in her lover's arms, and it's over. Isn't that terrible? It is pretty long, and has two intermissions, AND the soprano playing Manon wasn't there so it was a last minute ringer playing the part. Oh well. It's a story line that you don't have to think about, and it's easy to follow without having your eyes glued to the subtitles. That's always good.
Also, I knew a lot of the orchestra people down in the pit. That was pretty fun. And for those of you who know about my ever-so-lovely trombone lesson, you'll be happy to know that the guy that taught me is first chair bass trombone. Pretty spiffy, huh?
Hope everyone's having a good semester that's not miserably busy! T.T.F.N.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

That sounds depressing. Hopefully the fill in soprano wasn't a shreeker! Glad you had fun, though. AND, I am proud of your trombone lesson. First chair,huh???? Only the best of the best for my sis (even if it was for 15 minutes!!!!!!!!)
I am getting ready to head out to dickson and have the dude look at my foot again.I am not too thrilled. Feet are gross. I was spose to have today off, but due to strange and unfortunate circumstances at work I have to work from 2-8.... grr.......
I am off to go wake up the Anndee Morning MONSTER.
Love you and i'll talk toyou later!
xoxoxoxoxo